Who can use this feature?
This article will show you how to add an alert in the Alert Center.
- Navigate to Modules > Content > Alert Center
- Select the category you would like the alert to be under
- Select Add Alert
- Fill in the information
- Note: Leaving “Emergency Alert” does not override the alert bar text, only custom text will override alert bar text.
- Title: Title of the alert
- Brief Description: Brief description of the alert; you are limited to 250 characters
- Full Description: The full description of the alert
- Alert Bar: Choose if you would like the alert to display in the Alert Bar on no pages, All Pages, Home Page Only, or a Department page and subpages
- Note: This option will only be available if the Alert Bar is Enabled for the category
- Alert Bar Text: Add a name to appear on the Alert Bar.
- Alert Bar Link: List the link that directs clicks on the Alert Bar.
- Note: Leaving “/AlertCenter.aspx” does not override the alert bar link, only a custom relative or absolute link will change where the main Alert Bar area directs.
- Upload Image(s): Add related photos the alert
- “Read On…” Text: Determine how the link will be displayed if there is a Full Description
- Link(s): Add related links regarding this alert; click the + to the right of the Display Text to add additional links
- Open in New Window: Link opens a new window
- Link Read On to this Web Address: "Read On..." text link will direct to this link rather than the alert item screen on widgets or on the Alert Bar
- Note: This can only be enabled on a single link. This option will be disabled for any other links once one it is selected.
- Alert Starts: When the alert will display on the front-end of the website
- Alert Ends: When the alert will end on the front-end of the website
- Save Changes: Will save any changes you have made to the file
- Save & Publish: Will save the changes and publish to the live site
- Save & Submit: Will save the changes and submit for approval (authors only)
- Cancel: Will delete what you have done
- Subject: Add a brief subject line
- Comments: Attach a description of the alert
- Mobile Text/Push Message: Attach a message to the SMS notification
- Include link to item: Provides a link to the item within the SMS message, which the user can visit via their mobile device
- On Start Date: Sends the item on the start date previously set
- Immediately: Sends the agenda immediately
- Select Send, Don’t Send, or Cancel: The notification will then send accordingly to those who have signed up in Notify Me for the selected Alert Center category