Who can use this feature?
This article will show you how to create an Activity in CivicEngage.
- CivicEngage does not have a "Shopping Cart" for the Facilities or Activities module. This means you cannot bulk register or reserve in the module, you will need to do one registration/reservation at a time. For this functionality, please review our CivicRec option.
- Navigate to Modules > Content > Activities
- Select the category you want to add an activity to
- Select Add Activity
- Fill in the activity information on the form
- Name: Name of the activity
- Activity Code: Code for city activity, usually matched with an Activity Brochure (optional)
- Default Facility: Ties to the Facilities Module
- Default Address: Address of Facility
- Note: You can Add a New Location to the drop-down
- Brief Description: Short description of the activity
- Full Description: Provide a general description of the activity
- Note: Remember to include a list of necessary equipment, prerequisites, or any other activity-specific requirements.
- Contact Information
- Contact Name: Add First and Last Name
- Contact Email: Add primary email
- Contact Phone Number: Add a primary phone number
- Other Phone Number: Add a secondary phone number
- Registration Information
- Allow Online Registration: Allow registration to be made on the public side of the module
- Registration Fee(s): Users will select their relevant fee on the registration form
- Fee Taxable: Allow taxation on registration Fee
- Default Age Range: Use the sliders to create a default age range
- Default Max Participants: Enter maximum participants; leave blank for unlimited
- Allow Waitlist: Allow users to sign up for a waitlist when the max participants limit for this activity is reached
- Default Waitlist Email: Message will send to this email address when someone is added to a waitlist
- Additional Details - Display: Choose when this activity will be display to public view
- Choose a Save option at the top of the page
- Save & Add Session: Allows you to save automatically and begin work on another new session
- Save: Save changes and continue on to the Registration Form
- For instructions on how to create a registration form, please visit our Create a New Registration Form article.