Who can use this feature?
This article will show you how to turn on the Emergency Alert Bar. The Bar will appear on your front-end site.
- You must enable the Alert Bar on the Category Level first before you can turn on the Alert Bar for an item.
- If there are multiple published alerts with the Alert Bar enabled, the alert with the most recent Start Date will appear first and control the Alert Bar Text and Link.
- If there are multiple published alerts with the same Start Date, the most recently modified will appear first.
- Navigate to Modules > Content > Alert Center
- Select the category you would like to use
- Click Actions next to the desired item
- Select Modify
- Scroll down to Alert Bar and choose where you would like the Alert Bar to display
- None: Alert bar displays on no pages
- All Pages: Alert bar displays on all site pages
- Home Page Only: Alert bar only displays on the home page
- Department page and subpages: Alert will display on specified page and all subpages of that page
- Under Alert Bar Text, add the name of the alert that appears on the alert bar
- Note: Leaving “Emergency Alert” does not override the alert bar text. Only custom text will override alert bar text.
- Note: Text limit of 20 characters.
- Change the Alert Bar Link, if desired
- Note: Leaving “/AlertCenter.aspx” does not override the alert bar link, only a custom relative or absolute link will change where the main Alert Bar area directs.
- Scroll under Additional Details to Alert Starts and select options
- Alert Starts/Ends: Choose a date and time you would like to start/end the alert
- Scroll to the top and choose Save Changes or Save and Send
- Save Changes: Save changes as a draft
- Save and Send: Save changes and send a notification to subscribers