Who can use this feature?
This article will show you how to create a Category in the Blog module.
- Navigate to Modules > Content > Blog
- Click on Add Category at the top of the page
- Fill in fields
- Blog Name: Name you wish to give your blog
- Description: Add a brief description of the blog
- Image: Add an image to your blog
- Blog Header: Create a header on your blog
- Comments Option
- No comments: No users can comment on blogs
- Moderated: Comments can be posted, but require approval first
- Unmoderated: Comments can be posted freely
- Allow Subscribers: Select yes or no to whether or not users can subscribe to the blog
- Show Archives: Allows users to view archived blog posts
- Email List: Controls if users are able to subscribe to email notifications
- Add Item RSS Behavior & Modify Items RSS Behavior
- Always ask: Asks if you wish to include the new or modified item in RSS feeds
- Do not include in RSS feed: Will not allow new or modified items to show in RSS feeds
- Include in RSS: Always includes new or modified items in RSS feeds
- Permissions: Fill out the permissions table as desired
- Note: For information permissions, view Permissions User Guide.
- Note: If a group is grayed out, that means the group has permissions at the module level, so you cannot change these at the category level.
- View only allows users to view the blog, no editing permissions are allowed
- Default Messages: Edit Default Messages for the Blog
- Subscriber Welcome Message: Email that a subscriber receives when they first sign up
- List Header: Text in the header (beginning) of a blog list
- List Footer: Text in the footer (end) of a blog list
- Scroll to the top and select either Save and Publish or Save
- Save: Saves your blog as an unpublished item
- Save and Publish: Saves the blog and publishes it on the public end