Who can use this feature?
This article will show you how to add a blog posting.
- Navigate to Modules > Content > Blog
- Select the blog category you wish to add an entry
- Select the Add Item button
- Complete your blog entry
- Post Name: Public Name of this blog post
- Full Post: This is the complete text of your blog post
- This uses the editor just like what is found in pages, to see the full menu select the “Show Advanced Tools” button at the end of the toolbar.
- Lead In: Just a brief summary of the post, it is shown on the main blog page before they read the full post
- Tags: These are search tags for major topics in your post
- Display: This will post your blog to the website on a day and take it down when you would like it to automatically be removed from the site
- Show Archives: This will allow previous entries that have been archived to be view by the public
- Save: Will save changes without posting to the live site
- Save and Publish: Will save changes and publish to the live site
- OK: Select OK to include your blog post in the RSS feed
- Cancel: Select Cancel to exclude your blog post from the RSS feed
- Comments: Attach a brief description of the blog
- Mobile Text/Push Message: Attach a message to the SMS notification
- Include link to item: Provides a link to the item within the SMS message for a user to select via their mobile device.
- On Start Date: Sends the notification on the start date previously set
- Immediately: Sends the notification immediately
- Select Send, Don’t Send, or Cancel: The notification will then send accordingly to those who have signed up in Notify Me for the selected Blog category