Who can use this feature?
This article will show you how to add a New Flash widget to your page and set its options.
- Navigate to your desired page
- Ensure that Live Edit Is On
- Select the Widgets tab on the left-hand side
- Select Modules
- Drag-and-drop the New Flash widget onto your page
- Fill out the Widget options
- Skin: Select a styling option for your widget
- Header Text: Text that will appear above the News Flash
- Option Set: Choose the desired Option Set
- Note: Typically, only Default is available depending on design.
- Number of Columns: Indicate how many columns you would like in the widget
- Display: Set the number of items to display in your widget
- Note: If there are more items in your category then the number in this field, your citizens will see a link to View All items.
- Category: Choose the appropriate Category or categories
- Carousel Options:
- Min Allowable Item Width: Indicate area of minimum item width
- Max Allowable Item Width: Indicate area of maximum item width
- Space Between Items: Indicate the area between items
- Note: 40px or higher is recommended
- Widget Breakpoint: Width at which the widget will switch from narrow to wide view
- Push To All Versions of this Page: Add a copy of this widget to all versions of this page
- Push To All Subpages of this Page: Add a copy of this widget to all subpages of this page
- Push Options: Choose where to put the widget within pushed pages
- Click Save at the top of the page
Note: A category must be published and have at least one published News Flash item in it before it will show on the front-end. If it still doesn’t show, check that a category has been selected in the Widget Options.