Who can use this feature?
This article will show you how to add a News Flash widget to your page and set its options.
- We do not recommend changing the Skin or Option Set as these are based on the design that was chosen during the Implementation phase of your project. If you have any questions about these, please contact your Client Success Manager.
- Navigate to your desired page
- Ensure that Live Edit Is On
- Select the Widgets tab on the left-hand side
- Select Modules
- Drag-and-drop the New Flash widget onto your page
- Fill out the Widget options
- Skin: Recommend to use Default
- Header Text: Text that will appear above the News Flash
- Option Set: Recommend to use Default
- Number of Columns: Indicate how many columns you would like in the widget
- Display: Set the number of items to display in your widget
- Note: If there are more items in your category then the number in this field, your citizens will see a link to View All items.
- Category: Choose the appropriate category or categories
- Carousel Options
- Note: These options only apply to News Flash widget option sets with the Carousel option enabled.
- Min Allowable Item Width: Indicate area of minimum item width
- Max Allowable Item Width: Indicate area of maximum item width
- Space Between Items: Indicate the area between items
- Note: 40px or higher is recommended.
- Widget Breakpoint: Width at which the widget will switch from narrow to wide view
- Push To All Versions of this Page: Add a copy of this widget to all versions of this page
- Push To All Subpages of this Page: Add a copy of this widget to all subpages of this page
- Push Options: Choose where to put the widget within pushed pages
- Click the X at the right corner of the window to exit the Widget Options
- Click Save at the top of the page
Note: A category must be published and have at least one published News Flash item in it before it will show on the front-end. If it still does not show, check that a category has been selected in the Widget Options.