Who can use this feature?
This article will show you how to modify a category.
- Navigate to Modules > Content > News Flash
- Find the category you want to modify and select Choose an Action > Properties
- Modify the appropriate information
- Category Name: Name of the category
- Description: Short description that will display on the Notify Me Module page for people to subscribe to receive email notifications of the newsflash
- Template: Controls the design that will appear for items associated with this category
- Note: If one is not selected, the default site design will be used.
- Show Lead In:
- Only if Complete Text is Blank: Description field will display if the full text is empty
- Never: Never displays the description field
- Always: Always display the description field
- Show Archives: Allows you to show archives
- Note: If the default is set at the module level, it cannot be changed here.
- Allow Subscribers: Allows users to subscribe to this category via Notify Me
- Allow SMS: Choose to allow SMS notifications
- Email List: Allows you to send out emails to listserv
- Permissions: Setting permissions at the category level is suggested
- View: May view the live side only
- Author: Submit new items, modify/delete unpublished items
- Publisher: Publish new items, modify/delete unpublished items, modify/delete published items and accept/reject submitted items
- Owner: Publish new items, modify/delete unpublished items, modify/delete published items, accept/reject submitted items, create/modify categories and assign category permissions
- Cancel: Will delete what you’ve done
- Save: Will save the work as an unpublished draft
- Save & Submit: Will save the work and send a notification that it has been updated to subscribers (Authors only)