Who can use this feature?
Users may add HTML anchors to a page to help assist readers with navigation. Anchors are shortcut links that lead from one section of a page to another section on the same page.
- Navigate to the page you wish to add anchors to
- Ensure that Live Edit Is On
- Select the Widgets tab on the left-hand side
- Drag-and-drop the Editor widget to your page
- Create your content in the normal Editor screen
- Click the HTML/Code View option on the toolbar
- Scroll to the section you want to navigate to and add the HTML attribute id="hello" next to the words you want to link to within a page.
- Note: Replace the second name with a more specific code. Leave the quotation marks as part of the code.
- Scroll to the part you want users to click on to get to a different section and add the HTML code <a href="#name">[text]</a> next to the words you want to link to
- Note: Again, replace name with a more specific code, and leave the quotation marks and pound sign/hashtag.
- Note: Ensure that after the text you close the HTML link with a </a>.
- Re-click on the Code View button to return to the regular view
- Ensure that one of the sections is a link and the other appears as just plain text
- Click the Green Checkmark to exit the Editor
- Navigate to the top of the screen and select Save
- View your page in Preview Mode
- Click on the Anchor link and ensure that it directs to your desired section