Who can use this feature?
The Carousel Widget allows you to group and display together up to 10 different widgets that your citizens can intuitively navigate with arrows. It can also let them page allow the carousel to transition automatically. Each group can contain up to 3 widgets, which allows you to present more impact information in less space.
- Navigate to the page that the carousel widget should be on
- Note: The Carousel widget is commonly used on Home Pages.
- Header Text: Text at the top of the widget
- Gap Between Widgets: Spacing that displays in-between the widgets within the template
- Transition: Set what transition you want to use when a user navigates between pages of the carousel widget
- Transition Timing: Set how fast you want the transition to be when a user navigates between pages of the carousel widget
- Groups Advance: Choose automatic or manual content rotation
- Group Timing: Determines how long content is on the screen before it moves onto the next group
- Note: This option is only available if you select Automatic Groups Advance.
- Next/Previous Arrows: Determines if arrows manually move to the next group
- Next: If you do not check the box, that means it is unavailable to the user.
- Pagination: Determines if dots are available to the user at the bottom of the carousel widget in order to proceed to any of the groupings within the carousel widget
- Advanced - Widget Breakpoint:
- Note: You should not need advanced options, as this is the breakpoint. If your widget is not stacking correctly when in live edit, ensure the breakpoint is set to 25. The breakpoint determines at what point content goes to the next line on the screen.
- Note: If there is already an existing widget on the page, you can hover over it and select the three bullet points on the top of it and see what the settings are already to match.
- Note: To add more slots, you will select the + at the bottom corner of the Carousel Widget. You can add a new layout to the left or right of an existing layout. Keep in mind, the more widgets you add the more your site performance can be affected.
Users most commonly apply the Carousel Widget on homepages to showcase many items that share throughout several departments or categories. For instance:
- Showcase 2 Info Advanced spotlights and a Quick Links category side-by-side:
- Showcase a Calendar and News Flash side-by-side:
- Showcase 3 Info Advanced spotlights side-by-side: