Who can use this feature?
This article will show you how to add the slideshow widget.
- Ensure that slideshows have four images or fewer. If there are more than 4 images, consider placing them in a photo gallery instead.
- Ensure that each image has compliant alt text.
- Turn on next/previous images and pagination options.
- Charts, graphs, maps, images with texts (Complex images) should not be used in slideshows.
- Navigate to the page you would like to add the Slideshow Widget to
- Ensure that Live Edit is On
- Select the Widgets tab
- Drag-and-drop the Slideshow Widget into your content area
- Click Add Images in the slideshow pop-up window
- Compliance Note: Add no more than four images to the slideshow widget using the add images button
- Check the boxes for the images you would like to add
- Select Insert Marked
- Add a Title
- Expand Advanced to configure more information
- Caption: Changes the image caption
- Alt text: Ensure that each image has compliant alt text
- Link: Place a check in Link to display fields where you can paste a URL
you want that image to link to
- Display: If you want this image to only be displayed within a certain
date range, enter those dates here
- Remove: Removes the image from your slideshow
- Choose the Options Tab for more options
- Slide Timing: The number of seconds each image will display
- Transition: Images can either Fade from one to the next, or Slide to the next
- Transition Timing: The number of seconds it takes for the fade or slide
- Slide Title: Check to place a title on each slide
- Slide Caption: Check to show captions with each image
- Slide Overlay: Displays the title and/or caption in an overlay on each slide; selecting this will cause more options to appear
- Caption Background: Display background for the overlay
- Caption Location: Determines the location of the caption and overlay
- Inset Caption: Insets the caption so that it’s not aligned to the border of the slideshow
- Narrow Display Behavior: Determines how the slide will behave in the narrow view
- Next/Previous Arrows: Display left and right navigation arrows; selecting this option will allow more options to appear
- Always show, even when not hovering over slideshow: Click to enable
- Always show arrows, even on narrow widths (excluding mobile): Click to enable
- Arrow Color: Color of the arrow
- Next/Previous Arrow Background: Displays circle background for arrows; check for compliance
- Arrow Background Color: Determines color of arrow background color
- Next/Previous Background: Displays vertical bar background for the slideshow arrows
- Background Color: Determines color of arrow background
- Pagination: Check for compliance
- Pagination Style: Use either Dots or Numbers for the pagination links