Who can use this feature?
If you experience issues with user log-in, auto account creation, or group sync, first check to see if these features are enabled in the SAML Administration module (must be in the System Administrator group to access this module).
Below are basic troubleshooting questions that if addressed, speeds up the support process. If possible, please include the answers in your ticket to support.
- Is the user logging in with their Active Directory credentials?*
- Is the user logging in via the ADFS service login prompt?
- Is group syncing enabled in the SAML Administration module? (module requires System Administrator permissions to access)
- Which group(s) are not syncing?
- Do particular group(s) in the Group Administration module match exactly with the group name(s) in Active Directory?
- Is the user assigned group membership in Active Directory?
- Do particular group(s) show for users in the SAML diagnostics?*
* Please provide response data.
Users must log in using their Active Directory log-on (username, domain\username or username@domain), not their email.
- Note: The "username" in the User Administration module is not for authentication. Authentication happens with the identity service and we sync accounts on ADFS Name ID claim value to the username in CivicPlus.
SAML Diagnostics Tool
To use the SAML diagnostics tool, log out and back in using the link, https://[httpsDomainofSite]/admin/?samldiag=ON. You must first have the Admin Login Page enabled for SAML Login to use this diagnostics tool. After log-in, look to see what information is in the Response data. You should see information for email, first name, last name, and groups there.