Who can use this feature?
Users with Piwik Access
This article will show you how to create a Segment in Piwik.
- Segments compile information for the current year. That means that if you create or edit a segment, you should be able to view data from January 1st of the current year. So, a segment has the ability to view data from an entire calendar year (January through December) but it cannot pull information from a rolling year cycle (eg: March 2015 through March 2016).
- Segments have limits on them based off of the total characters in the URL requests.
- Navigate to Modules > Site Tools > Piwik
- Log in with your Piwik account credentials
- Navigate to All Visits > Add New Segment
- Create a Name for the segment
- Select a condition category from the left menu
- Drag-and-drop a condition to the Drag & Drop condition field
- Note: The most common condition is Actions > Page URL.
- Select a Modifier for the condition
- Note: Contains is often used as a modifier.
- Add the Relative URL to the text-box to the right of the Modifier
- Drag-and-drop more conditions, as needed
- Select Save and Apply
Note: The segment will look for all of the data you request through conditions. This can take a few days to complete (Usually between one-to-three days). When that task is complete, you can select this Segment from the All Visits drop-down. Then you can navigate to the Visitor Log and it will show all of the unique visitor information for these pages in particular.