Who can use this feature?
If you would like to add a new category to one of the available modules, it is a similar process to how you would create it through the CivicEngage platform on a desktop or laptop computer.
- Select the Module you would like to add a new category to
- Select + to add a category
Note: If your screen is blank, that means you do not have permissions to the module. You will need to contact one of your System Administrators to discuss access.
- Fill out the fields
- Category Title: Title of the category
- Brief Description: Brief description of what will be in the category
- Show Lead In: Allows you to choose to show the lead in text never, always, or only if full text is blank for the items in the category
- Email List: Allows events in this category to send to a list of email subscribers
- Allow Subscribers: Allows people to subscribe to a list on their own
- Allow SMS: Allows people to subscribe to SMS updates
- Add/Modify Item RSS Behavior
- Include in RSS Feed: Will include the blog in a user's RSS feed; this includes new and modified items
- Do Not Include in RSS Feed: Will not include the blog in a user's RSS feed; this includes new and modified items
- Always Ask: Will ask for each item if you would like it to be included
- Category Permissions: Allows you to set permissions for the category
- Show Category Archives to Public: Allows the archived items to be viewed by the public
- Select desired Category Permissions (if necessary)
- Select the checkmark to view Saving Options
- Save: Allows you to come back to and work on it later
- Save and Publish: Saves the changes and publishes it to the live site