Who can use this feature?
When you create a new Redirect, ensure you have the following setting enabled:
- Retain URL: Check the box; controls whether users will see the From URL in their address bar instead of the To URL
You can also configure the following optional settings as desired:
- Retain Query String: Controls whether query string parameters will be carried over to the From URL
- A query string is the part of a URL containing data that does not fit conveniently into a hierarchical path structure. The query string commonly includes fields added to a base URL by a Web browser or other client application, for example as part of an HTML form
- Retain Path: Controls if the path from From URL shows once the destination loads
- Match Query String: Controls if the redirect will require the query string to match
- Display: Controls the redirect to only be active during a certain time period
Ensure that you Save Changes on your Redirect.