A registrar is a provider who hosts your domain registration; some examples are GoDaddy, Network Solutions, Dotgov.gov, Domain.com, etc.
The easiest way to locate your registrar is to perform a WHOIS report for your domain. The query will return pertinent information about your domain, such as who your registrar is, when the domain was registered, when it will expire, and who is listed as the registrant, admin, and technical contact.
- Please keep in mind when domain privacy protection has been enabled, the domain information will be masked; this applies to all dotgov.gov domains. With private registration, the registrar information will be available; however, contact information will be not be returned.
- Go to Icann Whois
- Enter your domain in the query box and select Lookup
- Complete the CAPTCHA Verification and select Lookup
- View Registrar information in the results
- Find My DNS Provider: How to locate DNS records for your domain