Who can use this feature?
This process will show you how to add a short answer field to a form, where the user can input information.
- Create a New Form or Modify an Existing Form
- Add a Short Answer Field Type to your form
- Fill in fields
- Label: Name the field
- Instructions: Provide a brief description of how to answer
- Width: Select a width for the field
- Required: Select to mark this field as a required question
- External Name: Identifier for the field that Form Center will send to the external server
- Note: A field's external name must match whatever name external web service expects.
- Max Length: Enter a maximum number of characters per response
- Limit width to max length: Select to limit the width of the field to the max length
- Placeholder: Temporary text
- Select Save Changes
- Scroll to the top and click Save