Who can use this feature?
This article will show you how to create a homepage for your Intranet. An intranet homepage is similar to a page, but the permissions are different.
When you create new subpages, the permissions will inherit from the homepage. You do not have to change the permissions for the intranet subpages.
- Ensure Live Edit is On
- Navigate to the global (Mega Menu) you would like your intranet to live under and click Add Page
- Fill in the appropriate fields:
- Menu Text: Displays in site menus
- Title: Create page title
- Always Use Page Title for Menu Text: Automatically match the Page Title when submitted or saved page version is published
- Linked Page: Your Intranet Homepage will not be a linked page
- Department Header: If enabled, and the Search Widget is configured to allow it, it will be possible to search only Department Header-related content
- Description: Add a brief (1,000 character or less) description
- Keywords: Used to improve site search results; separate each word or phrase with a comma
- Page Tags: Add tags to provide specific data for this page; commas are not required to separate tags
- Image: Choose an image to display in the Pages (Format 4) Widget
- Hidden: Hide this page from displaying in site menus
- Feature Column: Display the feature column on this page
- Select Create Page
- Navigate to Properties > Permissions
- Uncheck guest permissions
- Find your intranet group
- Check the viewing permissions
- Select Save Page Changes
- Select Save and Publish at the top of the page
- Add subpages
Note: For information on how to add widgets to your pages, please visit our Widget section of the HelpCenter.