The Legacy Editor Widget is the previous version of the Editor Widget.
We recommend that you use the Editor widget instead of the Legacy Editor. This is because the Editor widget has more ADA tools, is responsive (including tables), and includes additional tools and features that were not available in the Legacy Editor, such as font options and full-screen mode.
To add and use the Legacy Editor, view our article Add a Legacy Editor to Your Page.
Legacy Editor Features
- Indent: Create an indentation
- Outdent: Remove an indentation
- Apply CSS: Select a style that is made for your site, such as Headline, Subhead1, Subhead2, etc
- Show Advanced Tools: Click to view and use Advanced Tools; also includes all normal tools
- Also present in normal Toolbar:
- Bold: Bold text
- Italic: Italicize text
- Strikethrough: Include a cross mark through your text
- Numbered List: Add a numbered list
- Bulleted List: Add a bulleted list
- Insert Document Link: Opens up the Document Center so you can select a document to link to
- Hyperlink Manager: Insert and format a link
- Remove Link: Remove a link
- Note: Does not remove the text, just un-formats the text so that it will not direct to another site.
- Undo: Undo a recent change
- Redo: Redo a recent change
- Help: Non-functional, contact Support for assistance
- Cut: Copy and automatically delete text
- Copy: Copies text, but does not remove it
- Paste Plain Text: Paste text without special formatting
- AJAX Spellchecker: Checks your text for spelling errors
- Find and Replace: Search and replace specific text
- Apply CSS
- Also present in normal Toolbar:
- XHTML Validator: Checks the grammar of the HTML coding
- Format Stripper: Removes special formatting
- Foreground Color: Select a foreground (font) color for your text box
- Background Color: Select a background color for your text box
- Underline: Underline text
- Subscript: Allows you to have text smaller than your normal text and on the bottom, similar to a sub-text
- Superscript: Allows you to have text smaller than your normal text and aligned to the top, similar to saying "x squared"
- Align Left: Align text to the left side of the text box
- Align Center: Align text to the middle/center of the text box
- Alright Right: Align text to the right side of the text box
- Justify: Align text with left margin, spacing adjusts to both margins
- Show/Hide Border: Hides/shows the borders of a table
- Insert Table: Add a table
- Note: In the Legacy Editor, this feature is unresponsive, but is responsive in the Editor Widget.
- Insert Symbol: Insert a special character
- Insert Date: Insert the current date
- Note: You can edit the text to read any date you need.
- Horizontal Rule: Insert a straight, horizontal line
- Image Manager: Insert an image from your system
- Flash Manager: Allows users to insert Flash documents/files into the site
- Note: Not all browsers support Flash.
- Slideshow Manager: Add and format a slideshow
- Paste: Paste text, with original formatting
- Font Name: Select a font
- Real Font Size: Select a font size
- Hide Advanced Tools: Click to hide all advanced tools
- In the Text Box
- Design: Select to see the regular text box
- HTML: Select to see the HTML Code view of the text box
Features Not Available in Legacy Editor
These features are not available in this Legacy Editor widget, but are available to use in the Editor Widget:
- Fullscreen: Expand your editing window to your whole screen
- Block Quote: Align a region (block) of your text differently than the rest of your text
- Quote: Wraps your text in a q tag, which inserts quotation marks and informs screen readers and other devices that the content is a quote
- Abbreviation: Informs the screen reader that there is an abbreviation; enhances comprehension of the text for the end-user
- Language: Tells screen readers if specific text is a different language; enhances comprehension and translation for the end-user
- Clear Formatting: Quickly remove extra formatting on your page
- Select All: Quickly and easily select all content that is in the editor