Who can use this feature?
Note: Authors can add, but cannot publish.
An anchor tag is a tag or hyperlink that you can attach to a word or phrase on your webpage. You can use anchor tags to direct readers down to a different section on the same page.
- It is recommended to use the Editor widget over the Legacy Editor.
- Navigate to the page you want to set an anchor on
- Ensure that Live Edit Is On
- Scroll to desired tag location on your page
- Click into the Legacy Editor widget
- Note: If you need to, drag-and-drop a Legacy Editor widget onto your page.
- Click on the HTML View
- Add <a href="#name"> next to the anchor text (the link)
- Note: Replace "name" with a more specific anchor name. Be sure to keep the #.
- Add <a name="name"</a> next to your destination (where you want the link to go)
- Note: Replace name with a more specific anchor name. Be sure to keep the quotation marks around the name.
- Click Done Editing at the top of the page
- Ensure that only one of your anchor pieces is a link
- Click Save at the top of the page
- Test in Preview Mode make sure your anchor pieces work properly