Widgets are used to customize pages. Listed in this article are the different widgets available in Live Edit. Widgets belong to one of two groups: Content and Modules.
Content widgets allow adding and editing content directly on a page via Live Edit.
Modules widgets allow adding module content to a page. This allows automatic updating of pages from modules such as the Calendar or News Flash. This also allows adding content to multiple pages that can be edited in a single location (Info Advanced, Quick Links or Staff Directory). Content for Modules widgets is edited in the associated module.
If you are unsure which widget contains existing content on a page, please view the article for Determining Widget Type.
- Carousel Widget: Allows you to group and display up to 10 widgets in one location with the navigation functionality of an arrow
- Custom HTML Widget: Allows you to embed videos in your page
- Editor Widget: Also allows you to edit pages on your site; newer version of Legacy Editor
- Note: You can create an anchor using the Editor Widget.
- Google Translate Widget: Allows you to add a google translate button to your page
- Image Widget: Allows you to add images to a page
- Legacy Editor Widget: Allows you to edit the pages on your site
- List Widget: Allows you to create lists on a page
- Pages Widget: Allows you to list all the subpages related to a page
- Related Documents Widget: Creates a dynamic list of documents referenced in the Document Center
- Slideshow Widget: Allows you to add a slideshow of images to a page
- Spacer Widget: Allows you to add a space to the page
- Tabbed Widget: Allows you to add tabs to separate content in one central location
- Text Widget: Allows you to add text to a page
- Search Widget: Allows you to add a search bar to a page
- Share Widget: Allows you to add a share button to your page, so citizens can share content to their social media
- Site Tools Widget: Allows you to add a site navigation button to a page
- Table Widget: Allows you to add a table to your page
- Alert Center: Allows you to add a banner to your site when there is an emergency/important notification in the area
- Calendar: Allows you to add a calendar of events for specific pages on your site
- Community Voice: Allows you to add a place on a page where citizens can have discussions about related topics
- FAQs: Allows you to add FAQs related to your page for clarity and understanding
- Graphic Links: Allows you to add graphics on your site that link to other pages
- Info Advanced: Allows you to add sections of specified information related to your page
- News Flash: Allows you to inform citizens and users of what is happening in and around your city, town, county or school district
- Quick Links: Allows you to provide links to important information, documents or related websites, cutting down on phone calls and foot traffic
- RSS: Allows citizens to subscribe to the feed of specific modules of your site
- Staff Directory: Allows you to add staff contact information