Who can use this feature?
This article goes through how to relate an entire Document Center folder to a page using the Related Documents Widget. By doing this, as a user updates the folder, such as adding or removing documents, it will automatically update on the page housing the Related Documents Widget.
- The Related Documents widget currently does not automatically update when the Document Center folder is updated. Documents added or removed from the Document Center will also need to be added or removed from the Related Documents widget.
- Navigate to your desired page
- Turn on Live Edit
- Select Widgets
- Drag and drop the Related Documents widget onto the page
- Enter the desired information
- Widget Skin: Select the desired colors/formatting the widget uses, this is automatically populated based on the type of page you are on and should not need to be modified.
- Heading: Determine if you would like a heading for the document list
- Columns: Set desired number of columns the list shows in
- Sort Order: Set an automatic sort order for the list
- Select the X in the upper right hand corner of the popup
- Select Click here to select and add documents, or drag and drop files from your computer
- Locate the desired folder
- Check Select Folder (contents of widget will be populated dynamically)
- Select Insert Marked
- View folder contents in the widget
- Select Save at the top of the page