Who can use this feature?
The Page Tags field allows you to add metadata, scripts or additional CSS styles to a page's Head section. Information in this field must conform to HTML standards.
Page Tags can help with search by telling SEO engines what the exact content of the pages are. Keywords help group together types of articles by important phrases.
Information added to this field can potentially cause page errors, including being unable to access editing functions. If you are unsure, please contact Support.
- Page tags are entered in HTML format, whereas keywords is simple text content
- Examples of useful/common tags include:
- <meta name="description" content="Free Web tutorials on HTML and CSS">
- <meta name="author" content="John Doe">
- Text entered in the Description field of the Page Version Options will be added to the page's "meta description=" tag.
- Locate your desired page
- Turn on Live Edit
- Ensure Versions is selected on the tab menu
- Select Actions on the desired version you would like to add the page tag to
- Select Options
- Locate the Page Tags section
- Insert desired tag
- Note: Tags are entered in HTML format.
- Click Save Changes