Who can use this feature?
Whenever you build a link to an external site you must use the full address with http:// otherwise the site treats it as an internal link and adds your domain to the front of it. This is the reason why your link is currently resulting in an error page or just reloads the page you are currently on.
To resolve this issue, you will need to add http:// to your URL in the hyperlink manager, save the page changes, and then the link will work.
- This fix is for the Legacy Editor.
- Navigate to the page with the broken link
- Ensure that Live Edit Is On
- Click inside the editor
- Click on the link and click the Hyperlink Manager tool
- In the URL box, add http:// to your link
- Click OK
- Click Done Editing
- Click Save at the top of the page
- Link will function as desired
- Note: To test the link, use the Preview mode.