Who can use this feature?
One way to avoid spam submissions is to make the requirements of your form more complex. This simple change will cause many crawlers (spammers) to fail. This way, the submission will never get through to you.
This article will show you how to change field requirements.
- Navigate to Modules > Content > Form Center
- Select the category that contains your form
- Click Actions next to the desired form
- Select Modify
- Scroll down to your fields and select a field to change
- In the right side-bar, select the Advanced tab
- Note: Depending on the field, the Advanced tab may not be available.
- Change the Answer Must Be of Type to a more specific answer
- Anything: Accepts all answers
- Only Letters: Only accepts letters
- Only Numbers: Only accepts numbers
- Telephone Number: Only accepts phone numbers
- Postal/ZIP Code: Only accepts ZIP code numbers
- Email Address: Only accepts email addresses
- Currency: Only accepts currency (money) formats
- Advanced: More customization available
- Click Save Changes
- Scroll to the top and select Save