Traceroute is a software tool used to display the path and some basic information about the network path between two addresses. In order to run this software, you will need access to a Terminal Window or Command Prompt.
- Note: Availability will depend on your Operating System.
- Windows users will use the command “tracert”.
- You can also use the pingpath command, if available.
- Click Windows Start
- Type "cmd" into the Search bar inside the Start Menu
- Click Command Prompt(CMD) when the search completes
- Type tracert <PRODUCTION DOMAIN>
- To determine your site's production domain, view our article Determine Your Site’s Production Domain.
- Hit Enter on your keyboard and wait for completion
- Copy the results and paste into a text file
- Submit the text file for analysis