Who can use this feature?
This article will show you how to add a Text Widget to your page. This widget allows you to add text to a page without any formatting abilities, just plain text.
- Use the Editor Widget instead of the Text Widget. The Text Widget is a fairly simple tool, meaning it is not as robust as the Editor Widget, nor is it as compliant. The Text Widget does not use the right CSS classes that Screen Readers require to properly translate the code. The Editor Widget uses the right CSS classes to allow Screen Readers to automatically translate and work.
- Navigate to the page where you would like to place the widget
- Ensure that Live Edit Is On
- Select the Widgets tab on the left-hand side
- Drag-and-drop the Text Widget to your desired area on the page
- Click inside the widget and add your text
- Click Save at the top of the page