Who can use this feature?
This article will show you how to import items from your computer into your Resource Directory.
- By default, import files must be .CSV. To change the import file to .TXT, please contact Support.
- Note: In Excel, you will choose the CSV (Comma delimited) (*csv) file type.
- Strings do not need to be surrounded by single(') or double(") quotes.
- The following 16 fields are required, and have to be in the specified order:
- Empty fields should contain a space
- The number in parenthesis is the maximum number of characters for that field
- New Lines are not allowed in any field
- Blank Lines are not allowed anywhere in the file
- Business Name (255)
- Contact Person Name (100)
- Address 1 (255)
- Address 2 (255)
- City (30)
- State (3)
- Zip Code (10)
- Link to Map (1) -- 0=no, 1=yes
- Phone - Number (40)
- Fax - Number (40)
- Email Address (200)
- Show Email As (200)
- Link (web address) (http:// required) (255)
- Link Text (255)
- Open link in new window (1) -- 0=no, 1=yes
- Description (1000)
- Any fields past the required 16 are categories with which to associate the business.
- A business may be associated with no categories, 1 category, or any number of categories.
- Each category must be listed in its own field.
- Navigate to Modules > Content > Resource Directory
- Click Import Items
- In the new window, click Browse to locate the text file containing the information you wish to import
- Find and Open your file
- Review your Yes/No questions:
- First line contains field names?
- Delete all existing entries?
- Automatically publish all imported data?
- Note: Caution - If you include email fields with more than one email address in them, or with body, subject text, etc. They will not be hidden from spammers. Please format your email addresses in the standard firstname.lastname@example.org format.
- Click Upload File
- Click OK to the popup that says All records were imported successfully
- Note: The popup may display a note that says Duplicate data was found and not imported.