Who can use this feature?
To meet the WCAG 3.1.1 Language of Page requirement to make page content more accessible to people with disabilities, label any text other than English in the Editor Widget using the HTML attribute <span lang="_"> (example: label Spanish as <span lang="es">)
- Navigate to the page with non-English text
- Ensure that Live Edit Is On
- Click inside the Editor Widget
- Identify the text that is in a non-English language and highlight on the non-code side
- Select the Globe/Language Icon to view the language drop-down menu
- Select the appropriate language
- Click into the Code View
- Ensure that the code reads <span "lang="lang abbreviation">Text</span>
- Note: The <span> tag does not stand for Spanish, it is an HTML text marker.
- Example: <span lang="es">Por favor</span>
- Click the Green Checkmark to exit the editor
- Click Save at the top of the page