Who can use this feature?
To meet the WCAG 3.1.4 Abbreviations requirement to make page content more accessible to people with disabilities, abbreviations should be labeled using HTML <abbr> and spell out the abbreviation on the first occurrence.
- Navigate to the page with abbreviated text
- Ensure that Live Edit Is On
- Click inside the Editor Widget
- Identify the text that is an abbreviation and highlight on the non-code side
- Select the Abbreviation Tool
- Click into the Code View
- Ensure that the code reads <abbr> markings to alert users that an abbreviation is being used
- Click the Green Checkmark to exit the editor
- Click Save at the top of the page