Per CivicPlus Best Practices, this template is used to build pages for members of the main governing body. Include or exclude any information listed here based on the availability of that information for your community. For example, if you do not have employment history for your board member, you can exclude that section.
Sally Citizen, Board President
Term: xxxx to xxxx
Email Sally Citizen
Sally is a Kansas native and has lived in Manhattan for more than 40 years. She is the proud mother of two sons, George and Frank, who are also Manhattan High School graduates. George is a plan reviewer for the City of Grand Rapids, Michigan, and four-term city councilman for the city of Kentwood. Frank is a foster care home inspector for the state of Alaska in Anchorage. Sally has four grandchildren.
She was employed at Kansas State University for nearly 40 years. During that time, she worked in the Division of Continuing Education, now called the Global Campus. For the last 28 years, she served as registrar for distance education for K-State. She retired in July 2013.
Sally has served the community since 1974 in the following capacities:
- Leadership Kansas, 2016
- Manhattan Housing Authority Board of Directors, 2015 to present
- North Central Flint Hills Area Agency on Aging (AAA)
- Riley County Council on Aging, 2014 to 2017
- Big Blue River Public Action Working Group, 2014 to present
- Riley County Genealogical Society, 2013 to present
She was also recognized for her hard work and service:
- 1990 Employee of the Year, Kansas State University
- 1991 Manhattan Rotary Club, Service Award - Public Sector