Who can use this feature?
Note: Authors can make changes but must submit changes for approval.
This page will show you how to disable Inheritance on subpage containers. When you disable inheritance, the container/appearance/layout will not inherit a format from the immediate parent page. This will allow you to create new appearance layouts, or allow inheritance from a different parent page.
- Navigate to your desired page
- Ensure that Live Edit Is On
- Hover over the container that you want to disable inheritance for
- Click the Lock button
- Select Stop Inheritance
- Select a new option
- Start with Existing Content or an Empty Container: Revert to content inside the container from before inheritance; if no content existed, retains current appearance
- Start with a Copy of the Current Container: Retain the current appearance
- Cancel: Cancel unlock
- Hover back over the container and click the Widget Options button
- Select a new Skin
- New skin will automatically update
- Click X to exit the Widget options pop-up
- Click Save at the top of the page